Ayurveda Wellness Healing, LLC on the common Sore Throat and dry cough through the lens of #Ayurveda:
One of the simplest and most effective remedies for managing a sore throat is gargling. Therefore, consider gargling with:
1 cup of hot water [not too hot that it burns] mixed with
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and
1/2 teaspoon of salt.
THROAT-SOOTHING HERBAL TEA:
Ginger [2 parts]-
Cinnamon [2 parts]
Licorice [3 parts]
Honey is a natural home remedy for a dry cough, as it soothes the irritated tissue lining at the back of the throat. Depending on the severity of the cough, you can take a tablespoon of honey one to three times a day.
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health” 😊
AYURVEDIC VEGETABLE STEW. Author: Melissa Martin
Recipe type: Main Dish, Stew
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes (skin on), cubed
- 2-3 cups kohlrabi greens, chopped (or spinach/kale/collards /chard)
- 1 small red beet, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup purple cauliflower, chopped
- ½ head Savoy cabbage, shredded
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro washed, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp. ghee (or coconut oil)
- *we make our own ghee and ship anywhere
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 4-5 cups of organic low sodium vegetable broth, or homemade
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- In a medium size pot, heat the ghee over medium heat. Add curry powder & mix.
- Add garlic & onion, stirring frequently for 4-5 minute or until it is a golden color. Add ginger & cook for one minute longer.
- Stir in celery, carrot, beet, sweet potato & cauliflower, & cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 4-5 cups of boiling water, reduce to a simmer, cover & cook for about 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add the greens & simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt to taste & garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
The makings of any Ayurvedic soup starts with warming ghee, adding the spices & giving it a good swirl. Ghee helps the body to better absorb the antioxidants found in these sweet warming spices, & also helps to infuse the flavors.
Ayurveda Wellness Healing we love the overall benefits of using natural products on ones skin…seeing it is the largest organ of the body.
Make your own #Ayurvedic Mask by using ingredients that are safe to eat…honey, cucumber, almonds, milk, rose water, yogurt and lemon to name a few.
Try our favorite recipe below:
• 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
• 1/4 teaspoon Triphala powder
• 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric
• 1/4 teaspoon of dried Neem or mint leaves (if using fresh leaves – use 1/2 tablespoon of mashed leaves and mix into your paste)
Mix the above ingredients into a paste and apply to the skin 1-2 times per week for 5-10 minutes, and rinse.
Blockage is disease/Flow is health”
How toxins (Ama) affect our health…
AMA clogs the channels of circulation in the body, preventing the unrestricted flow of nutrients to the cells and organs. Or it can clog the channels that carry waste from the cells and tissues, resulting in a toxic buildup.
We need to adjust our eating and habits to suit our digestive type. Digestion also fluctuates according to the seasons, and if we don’t adjust our diet and lifestyle when the weather changes, we may form AMA.
Through the lens of Ayurveda – you are not what you eat, but what you digest.
If you are experiencing any of the below, you may have a build up of toxins:
If you experience a heavy feeling in your body, if your joints are stiff, if your tongue is coated when you wake up in the morning, if you have an unpleasant body odor, if you feel dull and sleepy after eating, or if your mind is foggy, you may have a buildup of AMA in the body. Diarrhea, constipation, joint pain, sadness, dullness, lowered immunity, frequent bouts of colds and flu are all health problems that can be caused by AMA.
Join Ayurveda Wellness Healing on our Fall Cleanse. We ship anywhere, so no excuses.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or click on events tab and scroll to Fresh Start 3-Day Fall Cleanse and click on the tab and scroll down to the button to reserve and pay for your kit.
“Blockage is disease/Flow is health”