Blueberries are small but highly nutritious berries. They taste amazing!
According to Ayurveda, they’re perfect for summer (Pitta season) because they cool the body and fall under the Pitta Pacifying Diet.
The health benefits of blueberries and their Ayurvedic properties are quite remarkable. Read more, and take advantage of seasonal fresh blueberries with the following blueberry and strawberry salad recipe for summer.
Blueberries have a good source of fiber (approximately 14% of daily fiber) and are low in calories. Among all fruits and vegetables, blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity. Blueberries contain flavonoids and phytochemicals that possess antioxidant properties.
Blueberry Strawberry Salad
READY IN: 5mins
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons candied or toasted walnuts
- 4 strawberries sliced
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
- raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- Lay the greens on the plate.
- Pile the feta and walnuts in the middle of the greens.
- Scatter the strawberries and blueberries on top.
- Serve with the dressing on the side, and not until ready to eat (it wilts the salad).